I’m pretty up on doing homeschool after several decades at it…or at least I thought I was. I thought my record-keeping and attention to the requirements was bulletproof until an outsider questioned it.
My oldest kid joined the Marines last week. They had questions about curriculum, dates, etc. Not that I did anything wrong, but it forced me to go back into my records to find a few things that should’ve been front and center.
Based on my own experience and questions from some of the homeschool families I coach, I also got to thinking, what if a more stressful event happened, like…
- Someone showing up at your door unannounced asking about your kids?
- What if they were accompanied by the sheriff?
- What happens if they’re really pushy and aggressive?
So I put together a quick and easy primer on what to do.
My goal with this is to make you feel safer and more confident homeschooling your kids.
- How to prepare for a visit BEFORE it happens
- How to get your kids or babysitter ready
- What to do if it happens
- And a small reference card to keep right by the door.
Here’s the links-